Thursday, October 10, 2002

You know, that thing down there, that mutated not-song not-poem with an inconsistent rhyme scheme and an incomprehensible format for each stanza, it wasn't meant to be anything particularly good. It really isn't, in fact. There are a few good lines, quite a few bad lines, and the whole thing doesn't quite convey what I wanted it to convey...I think I just dislike it because I was being honest, and I dislike being honest when writing poetry. It always seems more believable in that form, and who really wants to be believed when they're telling the truth?

(Still and all, I'm glad and mildly amused that several people decided to comment in one way or another. It's more or less finished, though, so unless I decide to edit and whatnot, there won't be any more, I'm afraid.)

No comments: