Tuesday, August 09, 2005

A brief wtf moment, and some vaguely smutty Temari/Kankurou.

So, I have this mp3 of the Gummy Bears theme song, sung a capella (I think it's by Rockapella, but don't quote me on that). At one point in the song, the lyrics go, "...along with the secret of gummy berry juice- key change!"

It's probably not that funny to anyone else, but for some reason, this cracks me the hell up. It's just stuck in there with all the "ding dingadings"s and "boing boing"s when the key changes about three quarters of the way through. I dunno. 'Tis silly.

Anyway! This needs a bit of work still- the end needs cleaning- but it's presentable enough for the blog. A bit over 200 words, proper drabble length; I want to do a set of these, from the POV of each sibling.
----
"Paint"

Temari sits outside in the shade with a whetstone and a bandolier of kunai. It is the sort of day- typical, in the desert- in which the sun burns hot enough to pull the oxygen from the air and the color from the already colorless sand. She is made lazy by the heat, stretched out contented and cat-like, sharpening her claws.

She dozes to the rhythm of her blade against the whetsone, until her eye catches on a smear of purple paint beneath her fingernail. The sight of it, bright and unexpected, causes her to remember the events that brought it there.

(The paint is thick and oily beneath her fingers as she pulls his face to hers; he kisses her back hard enough to draw blood. The sharp, coppery tang cuts through the taste of the paint, thick and familiar on her tongue, as she obliterates the lines on his face with careless passion.)

She scrapes it away, some part of her cringing at the wrongness of it, this strange, half feral, violent thing. She sharpens her weapons with a frown in her eyes, and tries to ignore the soft, slow whispers of doubt in the back of her mind.

Later, when Kankurou greets her with a smirk, the lines of paint rearranging into something fierce and beautiful on his face. Temari fingers her newly sharpened kunai and smiles back, all thoughts of doubt and wrongness forgotten.
----

I dunno why my Temari always ends up angry and violent. I think at least half of Gaara's crazy was hereditary; Kankurou's the only sane one of the lot in my head, and his siblings totally abuse him because of it. That's what he gets for being a Taurus.

*snork* Okay, so my geekiness knows no bounds, but the astrology thing is all Kristen's fault. However, none of this excuses the fact that Gaara is a Capricorn (ambitious, emotionally withdrawn but vulnerable, patient), Kankurou is a Taurus (stubborn, hedonistic, reliable), and Temari is a Virgo (uptight, analytical, overcritical). The sandsibs cover the gamut of earth signs, which totally doesn't explain why I like them so much. *gnaws on astrology*

Right. I'm taking my overly geeky self and going to bed, so I can come up with a proper ending when I am actually awake. w00t, yo.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Funnily enough, Kankurou and I have the same birthday. I'm nothing like my sun sign so I've never hesitated at writing him in ways that sometimes oppose his...