Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Blindsided (Index entry)

The Naruto fic that ate my soul. The first chapter outlines were written in January '05; the first chapter was published at the end of February, and I'm trying to maintain an update schedule of a chapter a month, but have been rather unsuccessful thus far.

It's a Naruto/Gaara/Sasuke post-timeskip AU. When Sasuke escapes from Orochimaru, events are set in motion that will drastically change the futures of Sand, Leaf, and Sound.

That's the tagline, anyway; Blindsided is my devious, self indulgent experiment. I want to write a threesome story with political overtones that still remains true to the half-silly, half-serious, shounen, action-oriented feel of the original series while exploring my own versions of the characters and the world. I get to do horrible things to the characters, come up with silly and misleading subtitles, and shamelessly whore myself out in the author's notes. Shameless, I say.

It's experimental in that I've never done this before- never written and published a chapter length fanfic (or even very much fanfic at all), never started something with intent to finish, never known exactly how something was going to begin and end. My goal is to connect to the fandom in some way; having an audience, even if it's a fairly small one, is a powerful feeling. I'm tired of screaming in the dark, as it were- I got something to say, and now I want people to hear me.

This is an index of all the story fragments that I've posted; possibly I'll also start indexing character analyses and plot musings. Many of these contain spoilers for various plot points, but very few of them will make it into the story without excessive amounts of editing. Consider them omake drabbles, if you like.

09/05 (naruto/sasuke, not blind enough)
08/05 (naruto/gaara)
08/05 (kisame, itachi, crazy kabuto)
08/05 (beachfic)
07/05 (naruto, kankurou, nosebleeds)
06/05 (kakashi, iruka, keeping score)
06/05 (naruto, gaara/sasuke, crispy fried pr0ns)
05/05 (gaara hates his life sometimes)

No comments: