Saturday, December 11, 2004

Song call and fic

Well you live with someone, but I know you're alone.
You're thinking about the way you were and it feels like missing home.
And you know there's a person that you wanted to be.
You many live with someone, someone in me.
You're doing something by keeping it bottled in.
You're stuck between giving out and giving in.
And you know what needs to be said
but you couldn't play the part
Cause you know what kind of trouble that starts.
And it's all too familiar and it happens all the time.
All the cards begin to stack up,
Twisting heartache into fine little pieces that avoid an awful crime.
But it's you I can't deny.
Everything is going, everything is good.
Every time I saw you, I knew you understood.
Well you know there's a person that you wanted to be.
You may live with someone, someone in me
And she's hoping that he'll fix it but it's more than just a stain.
She's got nothing left to dream of and her nightmares are the same.
She believes that every love could be a lie,
Saying, "You, I can't deny. It's you I can't deny."
It's you I can't deny. It's you.
-"Wedding Dress," Breaking Pangaea

Breaking Pangaea is a band I found out about because I saw a girl wearing a band shirt on the PVTA to Northampton last year. I could only find two mp3s- this one, and one for a song called "The Worst Part." I can't classify music these days- I can pretty safely say it's rock, but beyond that I have no clue.

Anyway, I like the song; I like its energy and its inevitability. Sometimes you just can't say no, you know?
------------------

The last line of this bugs the fuck out of me, because I know it's still half wrong. The rest of it is mostly right, I think. Irukaka, because Kakashi's too fucked in the head to be anything other than needy.
--
Untitled

There was just enough moonlight sliding through the window for Iruka to see the scars on Kakashi's shoulder. He traced them absently with lazy fingers. "You became a jounin at the age of ten, right?" His voice was soft around the edges with sleep. Kakashi grunted in reply, mostly asleep himself. "How many people have seen your face since then?"

The jounin's body tightened like a wire; Iruka felt it immediately, being draped across the slender man's back like a slightly sticky blanket. His hands automatically sought out knots of tension, instictively seeking to soothe.

"I'm sorry." He pressed his nose into the juncture of collar bone and neck, still trying to stroke the tension away with his hands. His curiosity was stealthier than his common sense, particularly on nights like this when he was warm and sated and curled around his lover. He usually managed to stop himself from asking stupid questions before they could ruin the mood. "You don't have to answer, it's none of my business."

Kakashi shifted beneath him, turning until they were face to face, their bodies fitting together like a pair of puzzle pieces. His eyes were closed but his fingers found the scar across Iruka's face by instinct, tracing it with feather touches. Iruka kissed the palm of his hand in apology.

His voice was low, and his hands stilled, resting on Iruka's cheekbones. His fingers ticked off the names against Iruka's face. "Tsunade. One healer nin. Sandaime. Three members of the Uchiha clan, all of whom are dead. Yondaime. Rin. Obito." He opened his eyes, the stolen sharingan lost in shadow. "You."

Iruka kissed him, fierce and possessive and too full of love for words.

No comments: