Wednesday, December 08, 2004

more naruto babble

Okay, aside from the fact that I'm pretty bad at it because I just can't get other people's characters to truly live in my head unless I give them a permanent residence, and by then any stories they're living out aren't interesting to anyone but me, I don't write fanfic because sometimes I end up empathizing with characters that I want nothing to do with.

Take Orochimaru, for instance. He's a creepy fucking snake monster who takes over people's bodies. Fine. He hasn't got any redeeming qualities other than Kabuto, and I don't really like Kabuto. (That's almost a lie; I can't really decide whether or not I like him, but I know he creeps me out.) I can pretend that he wasn't an ass when he was a kid, but I'm sure he was; he just grew into a bastard who can regurgitate snakes at will.

This fic is starting to hurt; I don't like writing Orochimaru or depressed Naruto. The former squicks me on some level, particularly when he can't decide whether or not to be cruel to Naruto, and depressed Naruto is wrong on so many levels...And both of them are very, very wrong when they're sitting having a conversation about Sasuke. Because now I've got Orochimaru in my head, and while I don't mind snakes, this is getting a bit extreme.

Ugh. Next thing you know, I'm gonna be going OMG NARUTO/OROCHIMARU OTP!!!!11!1eleven. And then I'll stab myself in the eye. Just- bam! No more eye.

But, you know- what if Sasuke never comes back?

I hate the inside of my head sometimes.

No comments: