Thursday, December 09, 2004

MORE naruto babble

Clearly Yondaime didn't actually die; he just ran away after sealing the kyuubi to become Cloud in Advent Children. YOU KNOW IT'S TRUE.

Also: when you see the words "Queen of Figaro" in the summary of a FFVI fic, do you or do you not automatically think "Edgar in drag" as opposed to "Edgar's wife"? Discuss.

And the reason I'm such a fan of Kakashi/Iruka? Because, in my head, they're actually Setzer and Shadow. Think about it- one's quiet and sensible, the other is weird and loud. One of them has silver hair and a scar over his eye. We've got the ninja thing covered from both sides. We've got the dead girlfriend/significant other/best friend/family angst, again covered from both sides.

They're insufferably cute when they're cute, and utterly vicious when they're not. (Particularly on Iruka's part, which means that my internal Iruka is more than a little out of character- he's mean when he gets tired of putting up with Kakashi's shit. He ought to be loud, not mean, but I have trouble with loud.) And Kakashi is just clueless, so very clueless.

Do I want to do a character analysis of Kakashi? Do I really? Probably. I don't think I'll do it right now- I'll just say that anybody who wears a face mask all the time and has done so since he was ten, if not earlier (probably earlier- I imagine he started wearing it after his father died), has got more than a few issues to deal with.

That's okay, though, because it means that I can have people make "faceless stranger" comments. It's a sign of how much I like Kakashi that I want to abuse him as much as I do in my head. :) I love how Naruto is full of so many adorable psychopaths. *happy sigh*

Okay, I'm done for now.

No comments: