Saturday, August 30, 2003

Right, so, the webcomic will be found at godlessavatar.keenspace.com, once I finish a couple of pages, and once I stop obsessing over Grayling enough to form coherent original ideas.

The main character's name is Darwin. The world is similar to our own, just...expanded. And all those random deities do exist, they've just been forgotten about for the most part- excepting the members of Dar's coven, who follow a slightly skewed version of eclectic Wicca. They're all that's supplying the ancient gods with the belief power to survive, and even that isn't enough for many of them. The dying out of the deities is just a symptom of a much larger problem, one which grabs the attention of the archetypes. (That should probably have a capital 'a', actually...)

The archetypes are just what they sound like- the original gods, the templates for all the ones to follow. (They're elementals, really, but sh! I'm attempting to be original.) They're the ones who turn Dar into a multipurpose avatar. When one of them can't personally be there to posess his body, they delegate the responsibility to a deity.

Still working on the plot, but I know how it begins! I'm just working too much on the archetypes' personalities, since I already know who Dar is and who his friends are and what his deal is. In fact, I more or less know the overplot, it's just the inner plots that I haven't gotten around to.

And besides, immortal, omnipotent beings with angst issues are just much more fun to contemplate than a short order cook with a dead girlfriend and an oedipus complex. (He's not really a short order cook, in fact I think he's unemployed- but you know what I mean.)

Judecca, one of the characters from Boffo that didn't make the cut, features prominently. I don't know if the rest of the Boffo cast is going to be making any cameos, but they might. It would probably be amusing on all our parts. I intend for this whole thing to be a largely amusing experience, and I don't particularly intend for it to appeal to most of you. (Most of you meaning Bo and Kristen; I don't intend to censor this project the way I have all the others. Just lettin' ya know.)

Bwa. Queen is on TV. Mmm, yummy music.

Uh...holy fuck on a stick- I move into my dorm tomorrow.

And I really hate those Pepsi Vanilla commercials. Ew. Pepsi.

But- I'm moving in tomorrow...

eep.

No comments: