Tuesday, August 26, 2003

I felt the need to change the title...don't give me that look, the song amuses me, okay? I am my typically easily amused self, we all know that...

So, Fake vol 2? Only three episodes, to the first volume's four, but they were longer to make up for it. I think I liked 1-3 better than 5-6, but I liked 7 better than 4. Every volume apparently has one episode devoted to Cal and Bicky, the featured straight couple. They're kids, so it's cute, but not half as interesting as Dee and Ryo, if you ask me.

The plot is really just a very flimsy excuse for scenes of Dee groping Ryo and for Dee to be a smartass every other panel. Oddly enough, I don't mind. :) Shoddy plot or not, the art is very, very pretty. (In other words, who needs plot when you can stare at Dee's ass?) I think the only reason I like the first volume a bit better is because it's all character introduction (though episode 6 did introduce Berkley Rose, the dead sexy new member of the 27th precinct. Mmm, sexy evil bishies) and character development. Not so much character development in volume 2. Still very pretty, however. Mmm, pretty.

;P Yummy. (Why yes, I am shallow, fangirlish, and largely driven by extremely confused hormones, why do you ask?)

Aaaanyway. So, while watching tv last night, I wrote a thing. A strange, bizarre thing inspired by Gargoyles and The Mummy. The main character needs a name, but he's some sort of Pagan who had been working with his mother and a woman named Diana (oh, just shut up) to complete some sort of fancy ass powerful ritual. But both his mother and Diana died obtaining a phoenix feather, which was required in the ritual. Nameless gets a hold of the feather and attempts the spell, but the spellbooks were all destroyed when Diana died, so he's acting mostly on instinct here.

He ends up turning himself into a walking conduit for the divine; every single pagan deity is clambering for a space in his soul, so they can work their will upon the world. It's a pretty raw deal for nameless, but he doesn't have much of a choice in the matter.

And gods, no matter how small, tend to be bitchy and opionated. A large quantity of gods in a very small space (Nameless' skull) is just going generate lots and lots of drama. Gods are nothing if not ridiculous drama queens.

They end up drawing lots, and the first goddess to get her turn at the wheel, so to speak, is Eos, the Greco-Roman goddess of dawn. Helping Eos are various other dawn deities, but she's the one with the most power. So, in addition to a splitting reaction headache and a tendency to see double, Nameless is also stuck with a pair of twenty foot, glowing, rainbow colored wings.

And Eos won't tell him how to get rid of them, because she thinks they're pretty.

Crackheaded deities.

I've no idea what the gods really want with him, or what his mother and Diana were trying to do with a phoenix feather; all I know is that he's gotten himself into some rather hilarious and pathetic shennanigans, and it amuses me. Don't know if I'll do anything with this later; I just felt the need for a dark and brooding male character with no familial connections and no suicidal tendencies. *coughcoughDeicoughcough*

I swear I'll go to bed soon...just not quite yet.

No comments: