Saturday, August 23, 2003

It was a beautiful day today and, like many of the past few days, filled with far too many people. My social anxiety, already aggravated by the thought of leaving in a week to be in a place that is entirely strange and unknown, has made normal social interaction even more unbearable than it was before.

Not to say that I don't love spending time with my friends; I'm just overly sensitive and easily overwhelmed at the moment. I told Wendy that it was harder to think of leaving now, because I finally have achieved a state of 'we'. (Didn't use that terminology, of course.) I no longer feel the desperate, desperate need to get out of here that I did last summer, or that I felt when writing my college essays. I have a group now, and a place within the group. It's a small group, but it's mine. And I am moderately content with my place.

But that was Wednsday, and now I'm starting to feel that restless, itchy need to get away.

It was a beautiful day today, and I spent the better part of it inside; there was a window open upstairs, however. Through it I could see the sunlight through the trees in the backyard, and I could smell the end of summer on the breeze. As it has every year, that scent fills me with an unmistakeable dread. School or some sort of other unknown approaches with inevitable steps, and I can feel each minute plodding by, bringing me closer and closer to- what, I do not know. And that's the problem. I do not know what to expect, or what to do, so it's easiest to do nothing.

Less than a week left, now. Less than a week, and I've no idea what I should do. Everything feels off balance...

So I sit and watch Teen Titans while I can, and laugh at the little green guy. Much adoration to the cynic girl, too. Confusion as to which Robin, amusement at Starfire, and general apathy towards Cyborg. Alas, that I don't know the real story of these guys. But joy, at the levels of crack contained therein. Seriously, there's more crack here than in the Superman episode with mxylspt, and that was a lot of crack. It's the evolution of American cartoons; eventually, it'll all be anime. (Oh yeah, I really love the little green guy.)

"Try a tofudog, Raven! They're full of soybeany goodness!"
"I respect that you don't eat meat. Please respect that I don't eat fake meat."

Gee, that seems familiar, for some reason...;) And now, Ruroni Kenshin! Huzzah.

No comments: