Sunday, February 17, 2002

Er...this blogging thing is kinda addictive...
I think there's something you're not telling me.

Now why would you think a silly little thing like that?

Movement brought a searing pain to his head. Best to not do that, then. Because you're in my head and you don't belong there. How do I know you aren't lying?

You don't, silly boy. And maybe I am lying. You'll never know.

There were bandages wrapped around his wrists. When had those gotten there? He couldn't remember anything beyond telling the others to leave him alone. After that was nothing but blackness, and now, three days later, little but pain. What did you do to me?

I did nothing. You did it to yourself. Ask anyone, if you'd like. Just remember, I am the one with the power over your life, now. Not you. If I want you to die, nothing will stop you from bleeding to death next time.

He shivered, though the white walled room was hardly cold. Locked away in a rubber room, tied down so I won't hurt myself. Shame hit him like a physical blow, and were it not for his restraints, he would have curled into a fetal position and wept. As it was he simply squeezed his eyes shut and trembled; it was all he could do at this point.

Ah, how the mighty have fallen, the hateful voice whispered in his head. Look at yourself, a cringing madman who isn't even trusted to sit up on his own. It's no wonder your family hates you, no wonder they haven't come to see you. No wonder your brother blames you for everything. It may as well have been all your fault, you know. You are a worthless piece of scum, silly child. And you've no one to blame but yourself.

Go away...for God's sake, just go away! He wanted to scream, but didn't dare. Haven't you done enough already?

I can never do enough...if I stopped now, I wouldn't have caused you nearly enough pain...

He had no answer, no argument for the voice. He lay on the white table in the white room, with white cords binding his white skin together to keep his red blood from leaking out. He almost wished he could tear the bandages off, rip open the scars; at least then there would be a little color in his life...something other than white.

No comments: