Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Writing babble

Augh. *gnaws on S&A* This bloody thing started out as a drabble. A drabble, damnit. It was Day 6 of December, and it was going to end after a few paragraphs. Then it wanted a few pages, and I said sure, why not- I can spare a couple thousand words. Now it wants chapters and rationalizations, and research.

I hate it when stories expand. This one in particular, since it's just a metric fuckton of angst, irritates me. I love it; I think it's probably better written and more smoothly executed than To Carthage, Burning, but it refuses to finish itself. But I don't have the endurance to deal with the angst, and I want it to be something neat and self contained. I don't want to care about why Temari is Kazekage instead of Gaara (because I know why- it just isn't pertinent to the story), or how Sakura really reacted when she found out Naruto was sick.

I'm not writing the expanded version; I'm going to finish the one shot, and have done with it.

Feh. It will be done by tomorrow night come hell or high wind, and Blindsided 3 will be done by the end of the week, Gourd willing.

No comments: