Monday, May 02, 2005

Spam spam spam spam...

"Begin the End of the Beginning" by Big Giant Circles? ZOMGZ but I love this remix. It's all about FFA, my bitches. Yes indeed, that is what it is all about. (I wish someone would remix "Let It Begin," because I used to hook up my gameboy and listen to that song on repeat for hours.) OCRemix makes me happy in pants, yo. (I want to learn to remix music. I also want to be a physics major and study sound. A shame we can't all get what we want.)

Been tweaking Sorrows and Rejoicings; the ending with Sakura seems too random if I don't build up to it, but fitting a Sakura scene anywhere else is equally random. If I have her talk to Naruto after Orochimaru shows up, the whole scene is just an excuse for angst- and this fucking fic doesn't need any more of that. I really want to have the ending focus on her, and that's just awkward and out of the blue given the current structure of the story. *kicks story*

Grarr. *gnashes teeth* And Blindsided 2 still needs work, of course, but it's nearly done. I just need to finish the last scene, cut down the stupid fight scene, and make the whole thing a little less wanktastic.

I should think in terms of something other than fanfic, but I don't really care to. The original characters aren't being particularly vocal; I haven't written anything for Song of Shadows in nearly a year, I don't think. (Jesus fuck, how has it been a year already?) I keep telling myself I'm going to work on that story, either the Preludes or the Theme and Variation, (Will I ever write something that isn't grounded in music? Probably not.) if not the actually bloody story. (Preludes would be the Academy days; Thema would be the post-story pieces- the ones that mostly just involve Von and Ari'i having lots and lots of angsty sex.)

I want to finish Seventh Hour, even though I have no idea where it's going or how it's going to end. How the hell do you end a story that has spanned the lifetimes of stars? I don't even know half of what's going on between Marcus and Inana, and thusfar the characters have only begun to hint at the relationships between them.

Why, why, why can't I just write a story? Beginning, middle, ending. Plot, rising action, climax, falling action, conclusion. Why is it so difficult? I would have so much less trouble with this if reincarnation didn't play such a big part in so many of my ideas. *facepalm* Man...YuGiOh! with vampires, that's all SoS is- and Seventh Hour isn't much better. It is, in fact, worse. "La dee da, oh, you want to be freed from the endless cycle of slavery and reincarnation do you? Fine then, I'll just curse the both of us to an eternity of hating each other and thwarting each other and this will go on for ever and ever until you find a way for all of humanity to achieve perfect freedom. Good luck!" Yes, Inana. That was smart.

*sigh*

No comments: