Friday, February 22, 2002

On the subject of honesty:
"The truth will set you free"
Whoop dee forkin' doo, hey? I mean, I can't stand liars, I hate people who lie, I feel awful when I don't tell the truth (possibly the reason for the horrible, horrible GUILT I feel at all times, but, y'know...), and it just bothers me when people spout of lies glibly. But life is really just a series of little white lies...you tell your parents you've done your homework, you tell you're friends you're busy and can't come over, you tell you're teachers you thought you handed in that assignment...you tell yourself you'll change eventually, and that things will get better after a while...Sure, it's nothing big, but it's the little things that make life that much easier, right?

I don't know why it bothers me so much...I just feel that if you can't be honest with other people, you may never be honest with yourself, and that's dangerous. And being honest isn't the same as telling the truth; most people don't see the difference, or so I've found, but there is a difference. I try to tell the truth at all times; it's just something I do, because it makes me trustworthy and I feel the need to be trusted. It's a self-worth thing. But lately I haven't been very honest...and (again with the raging guilt thing) it's gotten to the point where it's giving me a severe migraine. Told you it was dangerous.

There are some things that just set me on edge- make my fur stand on end, so to speak. Dishonesty is one of them. It's part of the reason I don't get along with my brother very well, and part of the reason I didn't like Brian much, or Gloria...

Like so much that I do, this has no point. But I'm feeling depressed (forkin' moodswings and inferiority complexes) and this was bothering me. It still is, mind you, but my fingers aren't working properly, so I'll quite while I'm ahead. Or behind. Or whatever. *sigh*

No comments: