Monday, April 24, 2006

torn to tattered (meander)

I think I'm only resisting giving the Bleach characters voices in my head because introducing Yumichika to Silverlock can only end in horrendous mayhem. There would be glitter everywhere.

Spent the weekend writing, more or less. My productivity is laughable, given how much time I spent doing nothing but staring at a text file- but now I've got nearly 4000 words of Foxbird-related-backstory-and-wtfery. (And at least three thousand of those words are just there so I don't have to write all of the lolicon going on in the background! *cries*) Not entirely sure how that happened. I had three scenes in my head that wanted writing, and somehow the universe expanded on me again. -_-

(Sometimes I feel like my head is full of doors; most of them open on closets or walls, but a few of them just open, and open, and never stop.)

I do like it when new things pop into my head, though. A few years ago, when Song of Shadows first started growing, I spent maybe three days living through the entire story of the second book- just a constant stream of information and events. It was pretty fucking awesome. Now, of course, I can't remember half of it, and the only SoS things I've written since have been my typical post-plot character development pieces.

But that's okay, really. I don't write for the sake of story or plot. I write to explore worlds or characters- if I can manage that exploration without having to do the actual writing part, even better. I'm lazy, and I spend more time daydreaming than anything else.

And, of course, by "daydreaming," I mean "retconning entire storylines in my head." Ah, well. I don't actually care that I tend to contradict myself quite a bit- characters and worlds evolve, and sometimes things that seemed to fit a year ago just don't anymore. This is why I cannot keep my own timelines straight for the life of me. "Oh, sure, that happened three years after this...no, maybe it was five. Actually, this didn't even happen, and they spent six months in the Congo instead...heh, bananas."

And, in other news, this past weekend was Preview Weekend, making it three years since my parents didn't get divorced. (I wish I could do everything over. I can't retcon my life, but god, I wish I could.) There's a sick sort of symmetry in the way mom and grandma came up to help me this weekend, but dad stayed home.

...Oh, fuck this for a lark. I indulge in my own drama too much sometimes. Back to writing kiddie pr0n.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hello, your blog is too beautiful! I come every day and I really like it !!! Thank you and good luck!

voyance par mail ; voyance gratuite en ligne