Thursday, April 13, 2006

Stuff!

Mooncalf rants about yaoi.
And that pretty much sums up my thoughts on the subject, too.

Other things!

Hotei vs Rip Slyme - Battle Funktastic
This is the music video; the song itself is a crazy blend of J-rock, hip hop, techno, and funk and the theme song from Kill Bill. Delicious.

Dela - Johnny Clegg
I...feel vaguely ashamed to admit that this is my Silverlock/Blaine song. And by "vaguely" I mean "totally." But their love is so "let's dance naked around a bonfire, have lots of sex, and be completely and utterly happy with our place in the world" once Blaine works through his issues. Seriously. They're all about the sap, when they're not about the vomit and throwing things. I do really like the song, though; it's cheerful and catchy and involves random words in an African dialect and it reminds me of many happy events in my past.

Mike Doughty - Looking at the World from the Bottom of a Well
I've sort of fallen in love with Mike Doughty's voice; it has an addictive, nasal, gravelly quality to it, and his lyrics entertain me. The first verse of this song is a little generic, but I like the second, and I like the sound of the refrain.

...I cannot stop listening to Cartoon Heroes or Improper Dancing. God help me.

No comments: