Sunday, April 23, 2006

song call- Chantal Kreviazuk, "Eve"

Eve is gone again
Back to her palace
Back to her island
Eve can smile again
And run 'round the hedges
In the Garden of Eden

Run the way you did before the nightmares
Run just like before the overkill
Run the way you did, it's over darling
Oh, could I be so gentle
Oh, so soft and tender
Oh, and could I forgive
And could I die in my mother's arms
Like her

Eve's a child again
Sing her a lullaby
Read to her every night
Eve's in heaven
Plenty of friends are there
No one the enemy

Run the way you did before the nightmares
Run just like before the overkill
Run the way you did, it's over darling
Oh, could I be so gentle
Oh, so soft and tender
Oh, and could I forgive
And could I die in my mother's arms
Like her

Like her ...
Run the way you did before the nightmares
Like her ...
Run just like before the overkill
Like her ...
Run the way you did, it's over darling,

Could I die in my mother's arms
Like her
- Chantal Kreviazuk, "Eve"

I have a version of this song done by Duke University's women's a cappella group, Out of the Blue. Here it is. Someone in my head wants to claim it, but I'm not sure who- either way, it's an awesome arrangement.

I wish it were easier to find good college a cappella music. I realize I don't actually have any reason to complain, given that I've got three colleges and a university within driving distance...but I am lazy, and I never find out about music events until it is too late. For instance, Amherst did a celebration of the music of Cowboy Bebop last week- and I didn't see the posters for it until two days later. I'd have maimed someone to be able to go to that concert. *sulk*

What I would truly love would be for some group- any group, really, so long as I get to hear it- to do an arrangment of "Lazy Bones" and also an arrangement of "Improper Dancing." Granted, the universe might implode from the force of the awesome that would be those songs in a cappella form, but I feel it would be worth it.

(Speaking of "Lazy Bones," Thick has a new album coming out this year. How excited am I? So excited. Mmm, cheesy whiteboy funk.)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Congratulations to all those who watch for the success of this beautiful blog !!

voyance gratuite par mail ; voyance gratuite par email