Wednesday, February 04, 2004

I've figured it out! Neil Finn and Crowded House are like a proto-Duncan Sheik, who is like the wiser, more talented but less pop-oriented older brother of John Mayer, who is actually a Bizarro Jason Mraz, only Jason Mraz is better because his last name has fewer vowels and he gets gnomes and roosters. John Mayer doesn't have gnomes or roosters. Clearly he sucks.

But really, John Mayer, Jason Mraz- same initials, kinda similar music, vaguely similar appearance...one of them is a Bizarro version of the other, you can't deny it.

Early Crowded House does not resemble early Duncan Sheik in any way, aside from the one-hit wonder thing and possibly (though not likely) "Hole in the River," which is the closest early Crowded House gets to being moody. I think. It's been a while since I listened to their first album, since I can only take so much amateurish 80's pop rock with the occasional jazzish styling. I guess early Crowded House is a little bit like recent Duncan Sheik only, y'know, nowhere near as good.

And Duncan isn't half as weird as Neil Finn.

Just trying to draw lines between the music...the connections amuse me sometimes.

No comments: