Wednesday, July 24, 2002

I.Q
It either stands for "Idiocy Quotient" or "I Quit!", I haven't decided which. It's basically a silly idea I got somewhere around the end of sophomore year; that's when I got most of my ideas, I think. Junior year wasn't all that great, creativity-wise. I was too busy feeling the urge to kick people in the shins.

IQ was originally called "Too Smart", and it revolved around a girl named Royal Chan, her best friend Jaquelline, and her pet snake, Fluffy. Royal, or Roy, was some sort of crazed genius; she ran experiments in her basement, raised poisonous snakes, and lived on fresh cabbage and Evian bottled water. She had pigtails. Jaquelline, or Jacky, or the Rabid Ferret, was psychotic and slightly sociopathic. She had very long nails, very large hair, and very scary boots. I'm not sure why she and Roy were friends, but they were. Fluffy was one of Roy's experiments, a super-intelligent pocket snake. Her name for it, not mine. (At one point, Roy planned on taking over the world with pocket snakes, but that fell through when she ran out of funding.) Fluffy was original the straight man to Roy and Jacky's antics, but that doesn't work too well when your only straight man in the entire story is a six inch long talking snake with sunglasses.

So, right now I'm reworking the characters, but keeping the plots, which involve Frooty Pop!, the drink of the devil and all human beings between the ages of three and fourty seven. Good for melting teeth, brain cells, and slime aliens bent on world destruction. If I do get around to drawing it, I'll probably go for two strips a week, on monday and Saturday, or whenever I feel like it. Of course, drivers for my scanner would help. (No, I'm not going to stop complaining about this. Ever.)

No comments: