Monday, July 22, 2002

Eeeeeee!!! The radio just told me it's going to play a new Duncan Sheik song! Eeeee!!!
*coughcough* I mean, yes, I'm quite excited and happy about this rather random turn of events.
(Eeeeee!!!!)

See, up until I read a certain FFVI fic, I had never really given Duncan Sheik a thought. But at the beginning of this fic were the lyrics to "Barely Breathing". It was a good fic, and good FFVI fics are rare. So I downloaded the song, because hey, I actually liked it anyway. Then I decided to download some of his other stuff...and "Wishful Thinking", which can *only* be found on the Great Expectations soundtrack (bugger...), is now one of my absolute all time ever favorite songs, sharing space with "Don't Dream It's Over" by Crowded House, which has been my favorite song ever since I was...five. I had to go to Oslo, Norway, to pick up their first album. I do occasionally do extreme things for my music. Anyway, I luuuurve Duncan Sheik's music with his sheksy sheksy voice (the man has crazy range, I swear- *shiver*) and melancholy melodies and sometimes twisted lyrics. It's good stuff, perfect rainy day (or any day) music. I picked up his first album at Bryn Mawr, and I'm saving up to get Whispers (I know that's not right, but I think that's what it's called) and his third album, but in the third one he didn't write any of the lyrics, just the music; they got someone else to write the lyrics for his music because he felt like sticking more to the instrumental stuff. He plays many many instruments.

And, in addition to the wonderful music, he's a New Jersey native (much as I hate this place, I do feel a little bit of pride for it, occasionally), and he's damn hot. So...naturally I am excited that the radio says it will be playing something new from him, as I've not heard anything else but Barely Breathing since it topped the charts in '96.

Uh...I suppose it's a little bit scary that I know all this stuff about this rather obscure, one-hit wonder artist (what is it with me and one-hit wonders? All my favorite singers/groups, I swear...). But hey- there are girls who know at what age each of the Backstreet Boys hit puberty, so I think my minor expertise on my one-hit wonders isn't that disturbing.

I realize now that I'm turning into a fluff-headed little fangirl at the drop of a hat. I blame it on...you. Over there, no, the one on the left. Yeah. S'all your fault. *whistles innocently*

No comments: