Monday, October 24, 2005

Random Naruto ranting

It's time for a random fandom mini-rant!

Fandom: stop bastardizing Hyuuga Hiashi. I know, I know, he's already something of a bastard in canon. But he's not that much of a bastard. Go read the chapter where he apologizes to Neji and gets down on his knees to beg forgiveness. He loved his brother. He loves his family. He's a slave to politics, and a traditionalist, but he's not a completely irredemable monster. He's incredibly human, so stop writing him like he's the Wicked Witch of the West.

In non-mini-ranty news, I just joined 3measures and signed up to do Naruto/Gaara/Sasuke. Why? Because I'm clearly on crack, but hopefully it'll give me an excuse to think in terms of Blindsided again. I can blame my lack of inspiration on the general sucking of the manga, but that would just be fishing for lame excuses.

Meh. Lots of meh, really. I doubt my situation will improve any over the next few weeks; there are few things I hate worse than funerals.

No comments: