Monday, October 24, 2005

I'm starting a list.

Phrases I shall never use again:

"startling contrast"
"stark contrast"
"______ contrast"

I never realized how fucking annoying that phrase was before; I use it all the time. *stabs English language with fork* If that contrast isn't actually startling, you've no cause to be saying it is. If you're eyes are bleeding as a direct result of that contrast then yes, you might refer to it as "startling" or "shocking." If not- well, who gives a shit?

My creative writing class is going to be the death of me. I'd post assignments, but they've all been so bloody boring, there is no point.

I'll post other phrases as I come across them. (And also? One of those last entries totally doesn't exist. *pokes Blogger* Come on, biznatch. Behave.)

No comments: