Monday, March 14, 2005

Song call- "Collide", Howie Day, and Boffo babble

The dawn is breaking
A light shining through
You're barely waking
And I'm tangled up in you
Yeah

I'm open, you're closed
Where I follow, you'll go
I worry I won't see your face
Light up again

Even the best fall down sometimes
Even the wrong words seem to rhyme
Out of the doubt that fills my mind
I somehow find
You and I collide

I'm quiet you know
You make a frist impression
I've found I'm scared to know I'm always on your mind

Even the best fall down sometimes
Even the stars refuse to shine
Out of the back you fall in time
I somehow find
You and I collide

Don't stop here
I've lost my place
You're close behind

Even the best fall down sometimes
Even the wrong words seem to ryhme
Out of the doubt that fills your mind
You finally find
You and I collide

You finally find
You and I collide
You finally find
You and I collide
-Howie Day, "Collide"

No reason, I just like this song, and by "like this song" I actually mean it makes my chest ache; I had a chance to see Howie Day in concert last October, but I blew it to do elfing. Bloody firstyears had best have appreciated all I went through for them...

I suppose this could be applied to certain situations in Boffo, as I've been thinking about the rewrite quite a bit lately. I want to start on the first part this week and maybe do some plot and character charts. I'm excited; Boffo is still the story that is nearest and dearest to my heart (not counting the sprawling fandom universe in my head), and I would like to do it the justice it deserves.

The rewrite will involve mad scientists, I think, and the whole thing will be heavily influenced by the Renegades D20 campaigns we did last year. I'll need to put together an experimental soundtrack for it, a proper one that I can listen to in the car. This shouldn't excite me as much as it does, but what can I say- I'm easily excited.

Since it's Boffo, there will be excessive amounts of Sarah McLachlan and a smattering of Natalie Imbruglia; a little bit of Godsmack, The Cure, Enya, TMBG, Nightwish, Jimmy Eat World (only because "In the Middle" is practically Tyler's themesong for Opal), and a few other random things.

The characters have grown up a lot in my head; Opal is no longer quite as much of a Mary Sue (because the way the story currently reads? ouch), and Tyler is no longer quite as much of a spazz. (Oh, who am I kidding, yes he is.) Their relationship no longer hurts as much with its stupidity, either- if it's slightly idealized at this point, that's only because I haven't written them as teenagers in such a long time.

The mad scientists make me happy, though, and Catenus (who will be getting a name change as soon as I get my hands on a copy of The Inferno) now has actual motivation. Amusingly enough, his motivations are the same as Sariel's, which really sucks for the both of them.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It is for the first that I just visited your site and I find it really interesting! Congratulations!

voyance gratuite en ligne