Sunday, March 27, 2005

more blindsided notes

Okay, so maybe the angst gets a little extreme in places. Maybe I shouldn't do all the horrible things that I want to do to Iruka- there's no logical reason for it, aside from the fact that I have no other way to get him on a rooftop with Kakashi and copious amounts of alcohol. (This does not result in sex, by the way. I still really like Iruka/Kakashi as a pairing, but I will concede that it requires a hell of a lot of backstory and set up to work, and most of the time, it doesn't work.) The problem with Iruka is that after three years, he loses his ability to relate to Naruto; the war with Sound deeply scars just about everybody, and Iruka gets hit worse than most.

I still adore Iruka, because he's awesome, but he doesn't have a big part in Blindsided. I do really want him to be Anbu, though, because he does kick ass, and because I want Konoha to be in a grim situation.

I'm not actually going to do the zombie baby thing; I may cut the baby thing out entirely, since Sasuke? Really, really can't deal with kids. It screws with the timeline, anyway; I don't want to abandon Naruto in Suna for a year, after all.

And honestly? Kabuto doesn't need anything else to make him creepy. He's just so cheerful and evil. And he won't tell me why he's doing any of the things he's doing. He dislikes Sasuke; there's a personality conflict there, as well as the fact that Sasuke is everyone's golden boy, and he despises that. He's not like Kimimaro or Haku; Orochimaru didn't validate his existence.

He's a slippery character, but I love him. "No one suspicious," indeed. *hearts*

No comments: