Monday, August 30, 2004

M - S

Mordant and Solneki

These guys appeared halfway through first semester of senior year in the form of a screenplay scene in my creative writing notebook. Mordant Bellicose's name is just a combination of obscure adjectives that I found in an obscure word generator applet; I was originally going to use the name for a minor villain in one of my abortive webcomic ideas, but then this character took it and ran. Mordant means bitingly sarcastic; Bellicose means warlike. They suit him.

Solneki doesn't mean anything, and he doesn't admit to having a first or last name. He's just Solneki. (His real name is Solomon Prufrock, but you won't hear him say that.) He wears a black suit and a tie covered in yellow smiley faces; also sunglasses, which he doesn't take off ever. He keeps to himself, mostly, and uses Mordant for odd jobs. They're sort of friends.

Their alternate univers selves are a bounty hunter and a half-plant scientist, respectively. They like being city scum better, so I never really went anywhere with the negative space idea. I never went anywhere with their original worlds/selves, but they, like everyone else, appear in Stella Matin.

10/02 (negative space)
12/02 (pre-negative space library)
07/03 (horseradish)
02/07 (50 sentences of NONSENSE)

-------


Project: Apocalypse

I was in ninth grade and obsessed with the Book of Revelations. Keep your comments to yourselves. *sticks out tongue*

This is like a lot of my stories in that there are clear lines between the good guys and the bad guys, and everyone has a direct counterpart. I still do that; I think of my characters in very black and white terms even though the ones I know best are not at all black and white people.

You've got the four horsemen of the apocalypse- the ones according to the random translation I had on hand, which means it disagrees with most conventional versions. So thats War (Casimir Tomov), Strife (Colin Murphy), Famine (Terese Delacroix), and Plague/Death (Thana). Those colors are white, red, black, and pale green. Then you've got the false prophet (Lucius somethingorother), the dragon (Belinda whatsername), and the antichrist (Nero Caesar). Those are the good guys, because I liked 'em better. On the other side, you have the Seven Archangels- Michael, Raphaella, Gabriel, Uriel, Sariel, Raziel, and Metatron. The last one may not have been named Metatron; I've lost the notebook. The bad guys also got a fallen Messiah, name of Cain.

They're all genetically engineered super soldiers- this story has very little to do with God at first- or even at last, since I tend to avoid plotting things as much as possible. Maybe they're the real deal- all I ever really did with the story was work out the revelation-based characters and the way they interact. The real reason for the story? To give me an excuse to give people scythes as weapons.

01/03 (nero belinda)
8/05 (nero, battlefield)

-------


Samurai Champloo

Sometimes I hate being a stupid fangirl. Oh well. The Edo period! Hip hop! Two great tastes that taste great together!

12/04 (mugen, post ep 14)
12/04 (post series)

-------


Seafox

Crazy pirate story. He's an accountant from another world, she's a mermaid with legs. They fight crime!

10/02 (arxi wakes up)

-------


A Series of Unfortunate Events

The movie was pretty, and I couldn't help myself.

12/04 (marriage)

No comments: