Monday, June 07, 2004

It's a bad thing when I start wanting to write Ultima fic, yes? Something titled "The Shortest Straw," because wow, Xenka, that was compassionate of you. "Ooops, the Balance is too out of whack. Looks like someone needs to be sacrificed, and only the four of you, me, and Gwenno are candidates 'cuz we're not dead. Draw straws to see who gets to throw themselves down the crematorium. Sorry, Hero, it seems that you've drawn the shortest straw. It was nice knowing you."

Christ, I love this game, but it's driving me crazy. The way its constructed makes it almost impossible to not cheat- sometimes you get stuck, you know- on top of a pillar or behind a tree- and the only way you can move is by teleporting yourself. Or sometimes there will be a glitch, and the key you needed will have been swallowed. It's crazy.

I'm pretty sure that staircase should not drop me in the middle of the ocean. Call me crazy, but it's just this hunch I've got. Guess cheaters really don't win. *snort*

And okay, so maybe Dupre isn't my favorite character after all the times he left my party for taking food in the Black Gate, but still. He's an amusing wino with a taste for wenches, and I can't really say I dislike any of the characters in these games. I mean, aside from the ones you're supposed to dislike, like Batlin. Stupid git. *sigh*

So much love for these games, seriously. Big hard love. Everyone should know the joy of casting mass death, and foiling the plans of software pirates. If I ever finish Serpent Isle (not likely), I'll have to do a write up of somesort, or a tribute or a layout or fanart, because these games were the formulative years of my life.

I am such a dork.

No comments: