Friday, April 04, 2003

Working on a new layout; something black and white and upside down. It amuses me.

The Nazca DVD they sent is the wrong one. *woeful* The good news, however, is that Yuka goes crazy...but there were a whole slew of new people in silly outfits to gawk at that I didn' recognize, so there will be no watching of Nazca until I get the third DVD.

The tv to which the playstation is connected has gone on a serious trip; I'm used to it misbehaving, but usually when the picture starts scrolling, it's because of some effect on screen that it just couldn't handle; it's never gone on the blink without provocation before. This tv is ancient; much older than I, I'm certain. It's ugly and brown and you change the channels using a dial of all things. It used to have antennae, but we took them off when we moved it into the family room, many years ago. It's an ancient, decrepit Hitachi that doesn't like special effects, and I'm fairly sure it isn't the Playstation that's giving me grief, even if my controllers are rather beaten and abused. The tv doesn't register certain shades of red, it doesn't have definition, much less high definition, and it's always cut off the bottom two inches or so of the screen and stretches the picture around the edges. Ooooold. And now I can't turn it on without the picture scrolling from up to down. I used to be able to just turn it off for a little while, and then it would be fine. Now, it just scrolls faster.

I think it might be possessed. *contemplates the ramifications of a demonic television* Nothing to worry about, really. It's too old to manage any really good acts of demonic influence.

If this chair weren't so uncomfortable, I'd fall asleep at the computer. I think I'll go practice Ophelia a bit more before collapsing...*yawn* (It turns out that the day I actually have my Latin homework in on time, Bhumika doesn't see Ms Kniffen and doesn't hand hers in. *DOI*)

No comments: