Sunday, February 09, 2003

Finally! After several days of sketching and fiddling and coloring and cursing my computer, my tablet, and the cat (can't draw when she's trying to eat the pen...), I have finished the damn picture!

Shiny. Oh, so shiny, and those stars were a pain in the ass to do by hand, as were the lines of the brooch thingy, and the shading on the jewels and- aw, fork. The whole thing was a pain in the ass, but I really wish my printer could manage things this large and of this sort of quality, so I could stick it on the fridge and show off. Because yes, I am showing off. I'm an arrogant snob like that. There are a lot of mistakes, like Ereshkigal's foot, and the light source (there's three or four of them...*d'oi*), but I'm still quite pleased. Apparently, so long as I don't actually try to do scenery, I can manage backgrounds...

It's Innana and Ereshkigal, sister goddesses with opposite polarities and whatnot...obviously, one of them is fire and the other is ice (though you'll just have to take my word on the ice...). They represent life and death in Babylonian mythology; Queen of Heaven and Queen of Hell. In the Seventh Hour, they're just sisters, and they hate each other, and Innana is responsible for the Barren while Ereshkigal is responsible for Marduk's betrayal...only I haven't written that yet. Don't know when I will.

Please note, that's Innana, and not Asphodel. Asphodel would've been the color of Innana's background, but otherwise they look pretty much the same.

*tired, gleeful, eyes watering* Too much staring at a computer screen...

No comments: