Wednesday, January 15, 2003

They contrasted in such a way that would have had Relm begging for a chance to paint them. She'd babble something about the color wheel and grayscales and other arcane nonsense- she had to get all that artistic shit from her mother, because she sure as hell didn't get it from her dear old dad. Shadow was clad in black from visor to toe, and next to the albino gamesman he seemed even more severe. Their differences only began with their appearances, though.

Setzer had developed the annoying habit of divining his thoughts- Shadow had yet to master the trick, though he privately believed it was because Setzer didn't have any thoughts in his head to divine. "The primary difference between the two of us, Mr Shadow, is that while we have both suffered dauntingly tragic pasts, I have not allowed mine to impair my fashion sense." Setzer had taken to wearing sunglasses to protect his vision; naturally, they were an eye searing shade of yellow, to compliment the gold trim of his long coat. He raised a nearly invisible eye brow over them suggestively, smiling.

Fortunately, the enameled visor Shadow wore concealed his face. The grinning gambler probably would have decked him had he seen the way the ninja was trying not to laugh. "Setzer," he began carefully. "You are more full of shit than any other person on the planet."

Setzer made a sweeping bow, his coattails flying. "Why thank you, Mr Shadow. I do believe that's the nicest thing anyone has said to me in a very long time."

**********

I was trying to resist the urge to blog, but I am WEAK. Also, I am bored. To alleviate the boredom, I started sketching Setzer (hah! I'm Relm!), and that led to this. Because in addition to being WEAK, I am also on CRACK, and in my head the two of them engage in some of the most marvelous banter ever, because it's just so unlikely that they'd ever have any reason to speak to each other, ever. Naturally, in my post-game timeline, Shadow is stuck on the airship because Setzer thinks he's too amusing to let him off. He's betting that either Shadow will quit wearing that damn visor, or murder him in his sleep. Thus far the odds aren't in favor of Setzer's continued survival, but he doesn't much care.

Setzer, to me, is a complete and utter drama queen. This is partly due to the opera house, but also partly due to the few pieces of Amano(drool)Art of him that I've found. He's a sky pirate gambler who always goes for broke, especially when it's his life on the line...And he may be described as "free spirited", but I'm of the opinion that Darryl's death drove him just a little bit loopy- after all, she was the one who took all the stupid risks. (I completely disagree that Gogo is Darryl, by the way. I prefer to think that Gogo is God, instead.)

Well, whatever. Setzer roxxors, and Shadow amuses me. That, and I'm quite bored and not in the mood to go to bed yet. So...I blog. Whee!

No comments: