Tuesday, January 07, 2003

Mmm, babynamer.com. Love them strange and random references.
I've got a hankering for names that begin with "I"...normally I'm hung up on "J" names, or "K", or "R". "Y" is an old favorite, too. I like the odd names. "Ianthe" and "Imogen". Mmm, lovely names. "Imalda". Oooh, I like that one. It means 'universal battle'. And there's always "Ingatius" for the boys, or the classic and wonderful "Inigo", and the tongue rolling "Indalecio" which is, incidentally enough, a name found in so2...it means 'teacher-like'. The source is Greek, which means the 'c' is probably soft, but I like it better with a hard 'c'. In-da-leh-kee-oh. Mrrm. Yummy names. And, if you're in the mood for telepathic gorillas or giant white whales, "Ishmael" is always great.

Isidor. Whoa. Marcus, I've got your name from your current life. w00t. (yeah, I'm still working on The Seventh Hour. It's strange, but I really like what I have...but then, I liked most of DDD up until I tried to re-read it this past November. Still. Marcus needs a real name, if only for the few moments during which he speaks to his mother.) I should prolly post a few bits of 7H, shouldn't I? Hmm...eventually.

And, for a little bit of variety, Zelindo! Boy's name meaning 'happy shield'. There's quite a lot I could do with that one, actually...could even tie it in to 7H, as one of Amulius' past lives. Gotta love the guy who started off as a girl but came back as a guy only to die again and come back as a girl. I'm somewhat bummed that I killed him in the first 10,000 words- I really like Amulius, in retrospect. He and Marcus have a very sweet, brotherly relationship that can be twisted into all sorts of wrong if you like. Marcus doesn't like to talk about it, especially not with Amata around.

Poor guy. He's surrounded by women all throughout the whole story, his best friend is reincarnated as a little girl who is ridiculously precocious for a six year old. I may do an arc of the story from her point of view. When her memories as Amulius and all the others come back (and they'll have to, with Marcus remembering things and Asphodel being who- and what- she is) she will be one seriously fucked up little girl. Fun fun fun. :) I'm seriously enjoying the story, you know. Wonderful fun not knowing what's going to happen next.

You see, this is why I don't think about things too much- when I'm staring at the wall, my mind is blank. This is why I don't question the deeper meaning of real things- silly things, sure, because they open doors. But real things, like emotions and people and relationships- I can't question them. Too much information kills. Thinking about things too much kills them in the end...

No comments: