Sunday, January 05, 2003

Nrrrg. Current events:

I am addicted to Star Ocean, and currently in love with many characters, including, but not limited to: Noel, Ashton, Dias, Bowman. Other characters that, at the very least, have me severely amused: Celine, Rena, Leon. Favorite item creation: cooking. Favorite fighter: Ashton. Favorite character: Ashton. Favorite person to sketch: Ashton. Yes, there is a theme here.

Number 4 reeds, while actually being very small trees, sound wicked good on the high notes. However, my mouth hurts wicked bad after eleven hours of rehearsal over two days. The Puszta, however, is wicked fun. Westminister Hymn is wicked amusing. Stars and Bars is a wicked pain in the arse, and Jubiliation Overture is wicked long. Mr Nichols is rubbing off on me. French horns should be illegal, because they aren't real instruments. They're wicked complicated. There's a piccolo player who's wicked cute, and the timpany player is wicked funny when he plays. My stand partner is a wicked improvement from the last time I did Region Band. Wicked! (Disclaimer: I've no idea where that bout of ridiculousness came from.)

School sucks. College sucks. I have two more things to bring to guidance and four more things to mail out, and then I'm done. I'm in the process of submitting my Drew application. Then I will be done.

I do not like driving. It gives me too much time to think, and right now thinking is a very, very bad thing. At the same time, I do like driving, because it's fun as long as there aren't many other cars on the road. Snow, however, sucks. The back roads of Montgomery and Hillsboro, on the other hand, kick ass.

Do not mention the words "The Beacon" to me. I will be forced to hurt someone.

Guess who's back from Scotland? No, really, guess. She came to dinner, too. "The couple that always breaks up, but never really separates." Too true, too true.

I have done far too little this weekend (if you ignore the eleven hours of rehearsal). Next weekend will be even worse (if you ignore the fifteen or so hours of Region Band).

I think it's nearly time for a long overdue scribble entry.
Oh yeah. Definitely time for one of those.

I am a sucker for happy endings. I am a sucker for sappy, sickly sweet, mushy, happy endings that go "And then he kissed her." and there ends the story. My shame is that I have actually written one of these. *shame* Ah, well. It wasn't exactly a sappy ending. There was a lot of bitterness and awkwardness and anger and slamming of doors and stomping of feet. And I know I'm going to change that last line, but damn does it feel good to have something finished.
...that's a lie, actually. It was finished before, and that felt pretty good. Now I'm just tweaking, and that never feels good. Eh, well. Whatever.

Picked up the nanonovel again today; have decided that it amuses me too much to put it down for good. Last year's will sit for a while; it's depressing, and lots of people die that I'd rather not see dead. Instead, I'll work on The Seventh Hour and have Marcus and Asphodel bicker. All the time. "Remind me to commit ritual suicide when we reach the surface; I can't see well enough to disembowel myself right now." "Will do, fearless leader." *d'oi*

The Cat just walked all over my Haverford essay. I have printed another; all is well.

I don't want to go to school tomorrow.

*end current events*

No comments: