Sunday, January 19, 2003

So I walk into my room to grab my glass, being dehydrated and mildly feverish, and it's completely silent save for the buzzing of my irritated computer: Blue Screen of Doom. The mp3 CD was giving it grief, so I hit escape, grab my glass, and am on my way out when "Blue" starts up- and I had my stereo up kinda high (given that I usually don't have it any higher than 5 on the volume thing, and it was nearly twice that). So, out of the *silence* comes those first opening notes, and that chorale thing.

And I'm just like "Whoa." So, I've decided that if I could be any celebrity (any one celebrity, not a hybrid of four), I would be Yoko Kanno, just so I could have music like "Blue" in my head.

Never seen a bluer sky
Yeah I can feel it reaching out
and moving closer
There's something 'bout blue

Asked myself what it's all for
You know the funny thing about it
I couldn't answer
No, I couldn't answer

Things have turned a deeper shade of blue
and images that might be real
maybe illusion
Keep flashing off and on

Free. . .
Wanna be free. . . Gonna be free. . .
and move among the stars
You know they really aren't so far

Feels so free. . .
Gotta know free. . . Please. . .
Don't wake me from the dream
It's really everything it seemed

I'm so free. . .
No black and white in the blue

Everything is clearer now
Life is just a dream, you know
that's never ending
I'm ascending
-"Blue", Yoko Kanno and The Seatbelts

Supposedly Kanno-san herself is one of the vocalists in the chorale in the beginning and the end. All ethereal and angel-like, it is. Mrrm.

No comments: