Wednesday, August 14, 2002

Nero, can you see the flames?
They dance for me as they did for you
Can you hear the fiddler ply his trade
On that burning roof over there?

Does it remind you of the good old days
When you were more than just a legend?
When the fiddler played your song;
Ode to an Anti-Christ, in A minor.

Nero, can you hear the screams?
They scream for me as they did for you.
"A Prelude to our Torment, in B flat."
They sing it slightly out of tune.

This town is burning, burning down
I'm burning it to the ground.
They'll sing the songs in key this time
If they know what's good for them.

Nero, look and see me now!
I've grown too big for your footsteps.
Look- I'm Satan's favorite daughter
I'll strike fear in the heart of god.

It's my song they're singing
And those are my flames
Every one! Mine, all mine
The world is all mine.

Look and see the flames
This town is burning up
Burning down, burning, burning
I'm burning it to the ground
-------
Mmm, pyrotechnic blasphemy, ungodless hippy child of Satan that I am. *grin*

No comments: