Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Ha! Take that, sad lack of productivity!

Or, y'know, something. I should, perhaps, be spending more energy on finding employment and clearing up the mess with my previous employment than clearing out my collection of unposted drafts on Blogger. But. This entire year has been shit for my creativity, and that's frustrating. I mean, I didn't even post at all during April, and my average posts-per-month this year has been five. Even last year, I managed more than that, though things went to shit in the latter parts of the year, when my computer died.

I've gotten more writing finished this month than I have in nearly a year, which is a nice feeling. Granted, most of what I've posted was stuff I'd started nearly a year ago, but a few of those pieces are new. The dream fragments are, at any rate, though I doubt they'll go anywhere.

The Technotist dream was quite awful, though the Technotists themselves remind me a bit of Dreamscape's Rat Trappers. People capable of hacking the electrical signals in the brain, usually to the end of creating mass hallucinations. Some of them just do it for the hell of it, because they can; some of them are hired by marketing agencies. Others are anarchists, causing trouble where they can. Most are criminals. Many are gang members. In the dream, Chris and the others just got caught where they shouldn't have been- in the middle of a Technotist war.

The Capellae reminded me of the Stella Matin dream, when Theron first appeared in my head and turned an endive into a bird of paradise. Callum is a charmsmith in training; Penny is a girl with more charmskill than most. Money is made out of chips of charmstone- gaea are small currency, made of spent or flawed charmstone. Capellae are large currency, and very rarely seen outside of major cities. The quality of the charmstone and the crafting of the capella determine its value; the one Callum found for Penny was probably worth hundreds, if not thousands of gaea, though he didn't know that at the time.

There was more to the dream- something to do with elementals and earth and water being corrupted, and Penny being able to fix things, or at the very least, exercising a great mastery over fire and air. In that respect, she's a bit like Radrezyne, which is kind of funny. Nowhere near as crazy, though. She's just a nice girl, and Callum is a nice boy, and the two of them can pull of some remarkable charmwork together. Standard derivative fantasty dreck, for the most part, as opposed to Technotist's standard deriviative cyberpunk dreck.

Been having other dreams lately, too, but none of them as interesting or as good.

20 comments:

Anonymous said...

Seriously, I found this wonderful site, I'm on it every day, and I often recommend to friends. I love to go on, I find myself well and I feel comfortable and even interested to visit all the pages.
I urge you to persevere!
Regards
Tarot gratuit ligne , Medium serieux

Voyance serieuse said...

I stumbled upon your blog very interesting! ! Thank you for giving us this moment of pure happiness.

Voyante said...

I found your site very nice and also very distinguished. Thank you for your good work and continue.

consultation voyance said...

Great, This is really amazing page, here, I really enjoyed reading your thoughts, I will definitely share this article to my friends out there.

voyance par mail gratuite said...

Hello there! A big heads up for the really good content! It undoubtedly helped me very much. I highly recommend you drop by and see my internet site which actually is about aquaponics!

voyance gratuite par mail said...

très intéressant ce blog, c'est une super-idée, en tout cas quel boulot!
C'est un travail qui va servir à beaucoup de gens je pense, bravo!
Bonne soirée

Cabinet de voyance said...

Special thing is you have to patient and everything will be ok.

voyance gratuitement said...

Your blog is really great, I come over every day and each time I find something that suits me

voyance gratuite par telephone said...

This is my first opportunity to visit on this great blog. Such an incredible stuff you have posted here. Thanks for sharing.

voyance gratuite immediate said...

Hello there, You’ve done a great job. I will certainly digg it and for my part suggest to my friends. I am confident they’ll be benefited from this web site.

voyance gratuite en ligne said...

Congratulations to the site it is very nice to be more interactive and more originale.De it has a lot of content and links.

voyance par mail said...

You could have a great blog here! would you wish to make some invite posts on my weblog?

voyance gratuite said...

I’m not sure exactly why but this weblog is loading very slow for me. Is anyone else having this issue or is it a problem on my end? I’ll check back later on and see if the problem still exists.

voyance gratuite mail said...

Hello,
a quick note to tell you I love your blog, so I do not deprive myself!

Agence immobilière maroc said...

a wonderful day awaiting for more new post

voyance mail gratuite said...

Congratulations to the site it is very nice to be more interactive and more originale.De it has a lot of content and links.

Programme minceur said...

Your blog is really great, I wanted to thank you for the help you provide.

voyance gratuite par email said...

Bonjour
Merci beaucoup pour ce blog enrichit des articles intéressant
Merci aussi pour les conseils
Bon continuation !

voyance gratuite email said...

Love the site and all content.
Congratulations and thank you

rosy123 said...


Je trouve vos images pleines de douceurs...
Félicitations! quel beau travail.

voyance sérieuse gratuite par mail