Saturday, January 07, 2006

A little bit behind the times.

Finally saw the Naruto dub. They're still in the Wave Country arc; Haku just kicked the bucket. It's not half bad, really. Now One Piece is on, and I'm so, so glad they didn't fuck with the Naruto intro as much as they could have. Dear god, the One Piece intro hurts. (Must not start reading One Piece. Must not start reading One Piece. Must not- fuckit.)

Heh. Kakashi doing chidori? Hot. Clearly I need to actually watch TV more often. That way I won't miss gems like Super Robot Monkey Team Hyper Force Go- which, surprisingly enough, isn't half bad. ...As for Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo, I'm not entirely sure I have words.

Words other than, "Oh, Japan," that is.

...Yeah, okay, that was my brain melting out my ears. Changing the channel now.

Still working on posting the rest of DIP, which I technically never finished. Dunno why the feed posts aren't being cut all the time; I'll try posting 'em one at a time instead of in batches, to see if that fixes things.

Saiyuki and Qwan came in yesterday; Qwan continues to be quite pretty and the plot has gotten even weirder and awesomer. I've got a soft spot for crazy, immortal prostitutes and crazier wisemen with a penchant for stealing beards. Also, Jou Kai's use of kanji to kill people? Really hot.

Still good stuff; the manga-ka is the same woman who does Suikoden III, and her style is quite lovely.

Saiyuki never disappoints- the art never fails to be sexy and the story never fails to be entertaining. Man, I love Kougaiji. And the boys wandering around shirtless? Hot.

(It was a long day. Clearly I can't be expected to manage intelligent commentary on anything anymore.)

Oh, yeah. Ralph Fienes? Hot. Just sayin'.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Aww man, I knew I missed something tonight... I wanted to see how much blood they cut out of the Chidori scene.