Sunday, January 22, 2006

All good things

I've gotten to the Water 7 arc in One Piece. ...I hit chapter 335 and had to take a break to stop crying.

Chrisy. The Valley of the End got me a little teary in Naruto, but it had nothing on this. One Piece is amazing. Sure, it's got less of a plot than Naruto (that we can see; there are hints of a bigger picture, but only hints thusfar), and the art isn't as classically pretty as Bleach, but I would consider it the crown jewel in the Great Shounen Trifecta. The characters just- ohman. I'm in love with all of them- Luffy, and his incredible, eternal optimism; Zoro and his phallic objects; Ussop and his slingshot; Nami and her manipulative games; Chopper and the way he's the most adorable thing since the invention of adorable; and Robin, who is actually just a synonym for sex. So's Ace, come to think of it. And Smoker, and all the other Marines.

Supposedly Oda is only halfway through the story- I certainly hope so. It seems I've picked up a new obsession; I'm going through the archives of all the livejournal communities. Pretty soon I'll start on the f.net archive, though I don't have much hope for anything of quality there. (What's with all the people who are convinced Sanji bottoms for Zoro? Dude. It's totally the other way around. But that's totally beside the point, since Zoro is completely in love with Luffy. Then again, every one on the ship is in love with Luffy, so never mind.)

All my love for Naruto seems to be gone; between the manga sucking and not having anyone to discuss the manga with and my sudden discovery of a well hidden love for pirates, I'm just not feeling it anymore.

Perhaps I'll fic for One Piece, but I'm not sure I could do it justice. I think I'm mostly burned out on fic for the time being, anyway.

I'll take Blindsided down if I don't feel the urge to write any more of it by the end of June. Maybe I'll finish the Ino thing and Bone Harvester (I'd like to, I think, but I'd also like to finish BS, and I'm not sure that's possible).

*sigh* Don't want to go back to school. Meh.

1 comment:

voyance gratuite email said...

“It is an art to stop and attract visitors with their brilliant writing skills. This author really knows how to bring traffic to his site. Thanks for sharing.”