Monday, November 14, 2005

Revel in the songs that he sings. (Spammy whining)

Rarr, hiss. Stupid spotty wireless ate my last post; it was fairly pointless, though. The updated versions of the sandcest miniseries are up at Ficwad. Check 'em: Paint, Soft, Control. They're also posted to the sandcest lj community; I'm debating whether or not to post them to ff.net, and if so, whether or not to post them separately or as chapters of a single unit. (The Kankurou one is still too wordy, and I'm pretty sure I lifted whole sections of it word-for-word from somewhere else. I just can't remember where; if anyone has any idea who I'm plagiarizing, let me know so I can stab myself in the head.)

There was also some Blindsided idiocy that got eaten, but it wasn't especially entertaining or important.

I swear I'll work on chapter five eventually, just...not now. January, January is when I'll get lots of writing done. I'll be home (except when I'm in Japan, maybe), and that will make everything so much better.

Homesickness kills me sometimes (all the time), and November is a bad time to be alive.

I've given up on NaNoWriMo much earlier this year than any year previous; I think I made it to five thousand words, and then everything fell apart. I was doing so well the first week, too- but then, kersplat. I can't focus on things anymore.

Possibly my current state of mind is coloring my self perception; I spent twenty one consecutive hours in the science building over the course of yesterday and today, doing my lab write ups and creative writing assignment. Didn't get out of class 'til 4; took a two hour nap then, and have been hovering on this side of catatonic-from-exhaustion since.

...Winamp, you cracktastic little bitch. You're set to shuffle, damnit. Tracks 9, 10, and 11 are currently Imogen Heap's "Hide and Seek," Lamb's "Gabriel," and Low's "That's How You Sing Amazing Grace." Winamp just went from "Hide and Seek" to "Amazing Grace," to "Gabriel." For anyone not familiar with my cannibalized playlist, those are quite possibly three of the most depressing songs on the planet.

Fuck, I need sleep.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A whole month, I'm so jealous. This year's scheduling is even worse than last year's, we have TWO WEEKS TOTAL for Winter Break.

Also, I won't be home for Thanksgiving. Life is hard.

-Sonya