Tuesday, April 19, 2005

Naruto fic- To Carthage, Burning

To Carthage, Burning

Experimental, wanktastical tribute to the Kakashi Gaiden.

Ugh. That's it, I'm done. The tenses are completely off- I hate writing in present tense, but it lost a lot of it's effectiveness in past tense. Unfortunately, I know I missed a few spots when changing it over (never mind that I went over the damn thing with a fine tooth comb- there are still parts that read awkwardly and I don't know how to fix them).

Blaaarg. I need to do homework, but I'd rather sleep for a week and a half.

As for the title? I'm a fangirl. A silly, stupid fangirl. And now I'm going to be thinking of Obito as Tireseias- Oh Lord, thou pluckest me out, burning.

Damn you, T S Eliot. And damn you, Naruto.

Ugh. *frustrated*

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So cool--I think I said before how much I love the last line. Impact!

This reminds me of a movie but I can't remember which one. It's the way the lines repeat in sets of four, and if it were a movie the camera would be spinning round and round until all the Uchiha became an indistinguishable blur. You know? It's formal and overly-dramatic but it works.

I saw no tense inconsistencies! Sometimes "had"s I didn't think you needed, but that's a personal choice.

Favorite lines:
--Kakashi, unlike his teammates and his father, is a survivor; he is starting to regret this fact.
--Rin, smiling- and that is perhaps the most horrific thing of all.
--"It's your fault they're dead." (They hadn't actually said that, had they?)

-Sonya