Wednesday, April 06, 2005

babble babble babble

Working on the end of Sorrows and Rejoicings; it's still awkward and unweildy, and the whole thing does not flow but limps instead. However, I like it, and possibly someone else will, too, if excessive angst is their thing.

I don't know what it is about the Naruto fandom that makes me want to indulge in being an angst whore, but it's just so easy.

S&R is full of angst; it angsts like an amazingly angsty thing, but Naruto himself mostly refrains from indulging in that angst. He's tired, he's dying, and he's resigned to his fate- but he's not going to give up, regardless. He sees everyone giving up around him, and it pisses him off; he doesn't want to deal with that. Even on his deathbed, he manages to be more alive than most of the other characters.

What it boils down to is the fact that I really love Naruto, and I always do horrible things to my favorite characters.

And now, your moment of Blindsided:

"In your presence even a batallion of body builders could pass the New York State driving exam."

"Damnit, Gaara, stop it with your fucking Zen!"

No comments: