Wednesday, March 31, 2004

"March 03"

I saw the full moon in Seattle. It
Quite caught me by surprise. This was the moon,
The magical moon of March. The vernal
Equinox is nigh. All hail the full moon
In March that tugs all things hidden under
The earth, under still hearts, and brings them out
Again. I wash in the smell of quickened
Earth and decomposing leaves: a special loam
Cologn. I bathe in moist live things that make my
Heart Quicken like the pulsing earth and me,
Morose once, am glad. Am glad? Am glad! I
Live now gulping up this feral scent and
Stirrings in my loins engender there a
Proud power of anti-stasis, and of
Kinetic and frenetic movement. Howl!
Dogs bark wildly and rub themselves in dirt
And ordure. They rise, filthy, caked with it.
Glory be to dogs!
-STKD

I want to write like this someday. *jealousy, unfounded and useless*

No comments: