Monday, March 06, 2006

One Piece fangirling

Guh. One thing I will say in favor of the Naruto anime- when the animators are getting paid properly, they do some amazing fight scenes. And Kishimoto's grasp of anatomy and ability to choreograph fights is impressive.

One Piece, on the other hand, gives anatomy a cursory glance and then dashes off to create more crack. The good crack, mind, but it's still crack and the animation isn't all that technically impressive, even at its best. But it does occasionally get things right- like episodes 94 and 95, when we see Ace fight. Guh.

ZOMG, Ace. And, good god, if I thought Smoker (with his hungry pants) was awesome in the anime? Ace is five hundred million times cooler. Just- guh. Freckles. And the smirk. And the hat. And- and- guh. Just- guh. So much love. I don't normally approve of anime filler, but when I think of all the Ace the manga doesn't have, it makes me sad. (My newest OP OTP is Ace/Purple Lizard, because- what the hell, it's good crack. Damn you, filler!)

Seriously, it doesn't get any better than a narcoleptic pyromaniac pirate with freckles, a cowboy hat, and better manners than anyone else in the entire series. And god, his smirk, it's made of sex. The manga needs more Ace, damnit. And the fandom needs more Ace/Sanji, because that's totally the hottest pairing since the invention of hot, and they're both my favorite characters, next to Shanks and the Red Hair Pirates.

Ohman, Vivi's dad is awesome. So are Chaka and Pell. God, I love Alabasta. So full of awesome! Even the filler! Baroque Works is an excellent evil organization; I'm half-heartedly considering doing a Miss Goldenweek cosplay, because she's the only member I could feasibly pull off, what with being short and fully clothed. I kind of want her shirt, anyway.

Also, this pleases me immensely shut up no I don't watch the dub when I'm home stop looking at me like that. As does this. Oh webcomics. I've missed you so.

1 comment:

voyance par mail rapide said...

Really, this article is very relevant as ever.