Monday, September 05, 2005

fic recs, caps lock abuse, and an excess of exclamation points

As promised, these are not Naruto. Because I do read things in other fandoms. So I give you some Bleach and some FF and a bit of Saiyuki. As always, when I finally decide to do a rec post, I can't find half the things I've been reading. Clearly, I suck.

Bleach! My newest obsession, since the latest Naruto chapters have been sucking. I'm an 11th Division fangirl, so many of these are going to reflect that. They're also mostly humor, because the angst and drama all tend to revolve around characters that I just don't care about. (Rukia, I'm looking at you.)

The Dreaded Three Step by vez. Yumichika always gets his way in the 11th Division, but there are some things Zaraki will never let him get away with. (Silliness!)

Pick up Lines from Hell by hey-diddle-diddle. One sided Zangetsu/Ichigo. Poor Zangetsu, he gets very lonely in Ichigo's headspace. More silliness.

Untitled drabble and art by explodinguterus. Yachiru is adorable and evil, and that's all that really needs to be said about that.

Actions Speak Louder by beckingham. General 11th Division drabble. Of course they believe in love at first sight. (Not actually humor!)

Morning After by mimma. Renji/Byakuya with very silly footnotes. I normally can't stand the pairing, but I'm a sucker for (so many things) silliness and footnotes. And, by the same, Stupidity, which is some 11th Division shennanigans.

Author Rec- Moonsheen. You've probably read all of Moonsheen's stuff, but I'm reccing her anyway. Go search through the memories or scroll down, pretty much everything is good. This Untitled Drabble gets a special mention, because of the assbanditry.

Author Rec- Celeste1. Read everything of hers. Just do it, I don't care if it seems daunting. Especially read the drabbles (ff.net), yes, all 144 of them (livejournal). It's her fault I 'ship Shuuhei/Yumichika and Chad/Ishida and Ganjyu/Hanatarou. I can't do more to reccommend her without large signs and possibly confetti.

Final Fantasy! My first true love, particularly the older games.

Author rec- Black Jester. FFVII and IX oneshots. In particular, the first three Turk stories, Veracity, Colors, and Numbers, and Tomorrow Will Be Dying, a Freya and Amarant piece.

Stuff of Legend by Lirilith. FFIV far-into-the-future-fic from Edward's (that is, Gilbert's) perspective. A curious, slightly angsty sort of "what if," and anything that incorporates the spoony bard in his proper capacity as a storyteller is a good thing.

(Is it bad that I want to write OT3 fic for FFIV? I kind of think so.)

Saiyuki-
Tunnel Vision by incandescens. General Tenpou, as seen through the eyes of Konzen. I like how Sanzo is in denial no matter what incarnation he happens to be in.

ALRIGHT, I LIED, HERE'S SOME NARUTO ANYWAY. (My goodness, but I am an obsessed fantwit.)
Unnecessary Things by harukami. Zabuza/Haku, AU (no ninjas, but the setting is similar), happy ending. It's just- yeah. Beautiful. Go read, it's amazing. And it has a sequel! Contentedly Ever After- now with parfait!

(Non sequitur no jutsu! You know what makes me amazingly happy? MY DORM ROOM. IT'S BETTER THAN YOURS. I DON'T CARE WHO YOU ARE, MY ROOM WINS. *cough* Yeah, okay, some things just need to be mentioned in every forum possible, you know?)

No comments: