Thursday, July 14, 2005

Heaven let your light shine down.

Recs! For no reason whatsoever, save that it's late, I ought to be asleep, and I'm not thinking about my paper or the mountain of housework I need to do.

Naruto
Revolutions by blue arcane- SasuNaru (or NaruSasu; it's not clear yet), yet another one of those "Sasuke gets dragged back to Konoha by Naruto and discovers twu wuv" sort of stories. It's fluff and angst all the way, but the grammar is good and the writing is solid, which are always the first things I look for when poking around ff.net, and the plot is moving slowly, which is nice because it means there's actual emotional buildup and character development. Both Naruto and Sasuke are a little on the sappy, wibbly side, but not so much so that they induce eye-sporkage. It's a cute story, and I heart the fluff.

Celestial Bodies by Caspian- Sakura-centric introspective on Ino, Sasuke, and Naruto. Lovely insights and writing; I highly reccommend the rest of this author's Naruto fics (she's got Weiss fic, too, but I haven't read it yet; I imagine it's also quite good), especially the Team 10 ones.

Not Found in Stone by phoenix of eternity- Kakashi, Yondaime, and Sakumocentric, which should tell you right off why I'm reccing it (such a slut for baby!Kakashi angst, I'm so sad sometimes). A look at what makes a hero and that wonderful mainstay of fiction, death. Another general author rec here; more excellent fic all over the place, but I most especially liked Anniversaries, because Sasuke angst is almost as delicious as Kakashi angst.

Choices by ninjacat ally- SasuNaru, mostly just smut. But it's well written, well characterized smut, and there's something very chilling and right about it.

Outclassed by winter of our discontent- I'm pretty sure I haven't recced this before; if not, here it is again. Kakairu; Kakashi may be Konoha's resident genius, but when it comes to Iruka, he's rather hopelessly outclassed. This fic is hilarious, and there is a wonderful lack of fanon!Iruka. Shiny.

Lessons by Elizabeth Culmer- Iruka-centric and sort of a side-story to Way of the Apartment Manager (AU; with original characters, one of the best what if!crack!AUs out there (what if!crack!AU being my favorite genre, of course), and a fic everyone ought to read because it's lovely); ninja politics and ninja ethics make me squee endlessly, as does nonfanon!Iruka. "Lessons" has all of these things, as Iruka discovers that he wants to teach.

Painted Scars by Fairady- Kankurou drabble, recovering from the fight with Sasori. Examines the lines on his face, and a little bit of his relationship with Temari. *hearts the Kankurou*

Family by MonsterBrat- crack!AU, my favorite genre- what if Sasuke's parents died on a mission when he was three, and he was raised by Itachi, who didn't go crazy, just went slightly strange? It's a series of character pieces focusing mostly on everyone else's reactions to Itachi. Some of them are a little strange and the grammar is occasionally off, but I like the idea (of course I do) and the characterizations are well thought out.

Butterfly Knot by Kimi no Vanilla- Sandcest (yes, I really have given myself over to the dark side), and an almost-companion piece to Chevira Lowe's Tempest (loveliest opening paragraphs ever). Kankurou gives his sister away- Kankurou/Temari, Temari/Shikamaru. Heartbreaking and delicious, the way sandcest ought to be.



And now, the stuff that isn't Naruto.
FMA
Must Like Cats by girl starfish- So. Cute. *ded* Vaguely Roy/Ed, but only vaguely. Ed and Al go searching for a girlfriend; wacky hijinx ensue. Also I love Hughes beyond words. *cry*

I so suck at reccing. "Durr. Fic make V go yaye." *flails and fails*

There were others, but I can't find them right now. *is horribly disorganized* Been wasting my creativity on drawing vaguely sandcestuous pictures (it's all about the facepaint, yo) because I can't quite bring myself to write anything. Hopefully I'll actually finish the bloody things, since I haven't finished any real art in a while.

Speaking of writing- my kingdom for a botanist! Anyone? Buehler? No? Crap.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

*blush*

Glad you liked Butterfly Knot. ^_^;;