Tuesday, October 08, 2002

I'd like to satisfy your curiosity
I'd like to satisfy your need
I'd like to indulge your generosity
I'd like you to make me beg and plead

I'm just another girl
Caught up in your self-centered world
I'm just another face in the crowd
Of the people who love you and aren't you proud
You've got yourself another girl
And wouldn't you know it she's just like
Everyone else.

And maybe I want to touch you
And maybe I want you to make me scream
And maybe I'm just tired of being
The person that I want to be
Maybe it's all just a dream...

So what if I don't want to be a cliche
So what if I never mean what I say
So what if I feel like being the good girl gone bad
So what if everything I do makes you mad
You're just another god for the masses
You're just trying to screw with my head
So I'll lie here and bleed until the feeling passes
And when I wake up maybe I'll be dead
What's it matter to you, after all I'm just a girl
Fuck me over and leave me, you'd like it I'm sure
And maybe I'd like it too
But really, what's it matter to you
What's it matter to you?


"Yeats once said that prose is our battle with the world, but poetry is the battle with ourselves. Who are you fighting?"
my luck, to be living with someone who majored in Yeats...

No comments: