Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Crossovers that should never be, part 1!

"D'you think they'll be okay together?" Marcus looked anxiously over Blaine's shoulder at the two girls playing beneath the trees. "Amata hasn't exactly had what you might call a...normal upbringing."

Blaine slumped down on the bench and covered his face with his hand. "Well, I don't know, Marcus. Birdie plays with knives and dreams of growing up to be a mass murderer some day."

"I think 'Mata is the reincarnated soul of my brother," Marcus said somberly, eyes wide. "Also, she can set things on fire with her mind."

"I think they'll get along just fine." Blaine gestured to the chessboard between them without removing his hand from his face. "It's your move, Your Grace."

"We never really used titles like that," Marcus muttered. He peered at the chessboard, eyebrows swooping together. The tiny bells hanging from his eyebrow rings jingled. "I was always just 'High Priest,' generally...sometimes 'Lord of the Seventh Hour,' if people were being really formal. You know, I think you're going to win this one." He moved a bishop, and raised an eyebrow with a faint chime.

Blaine looked down at the board, then at Marcus, then back down at the board. "I think you might be right." His mouth quirked to the side, an almost smile. "I thought you were some sort of warlord? Master tactician and strategist, that sort of thing?" He was getting that uncomfortable, itchy sensation in the back of his head that meant he was probably being flirted with. He hated that feeling.

"I...I was, once. I think." His eyes went slightly out of focus. "You start to...lose track of the details, after the first dozen lifetimes or so."

"Hm. I wouldn't know." He moved one of his knights, capturing a rook and cutting off Marcus's bishop. Marcus's well meaning glances were making him twitch; he took out his wallet and started rolling a cigarette.

Marcus stared at the board, frowning again. "I'm usually better at this, really." He glanced up as Blaine began rummaging through his pockets for a match or a lighter. "Here, let me." He held out his hand, offering a flame on the tip of his finger.

Blaine froze, staring at Marcus's hand. This was really not his area of expertise. Images of Greymalkin flashed through his head. "I-"

Behind him, a tree exploded. He dropped his unlit cigarette and vaulted over the back of the bench, heading towards the sound of hysterical giggling at the center of the smoke. Marcus was right behind him.

He was never more thankful for Foxbird's ability to get into trouble.

-----

Ahahaha, I just remembered Marcus was full of ridiculous body mods as well. WHAT, ME, PREDICTABLE? NEVER. He's only got a bunch of ear and eyebrow piercings, though.

It's just- they're both single fathers, their kids are redheaded prodigies, and they're high priests of corrupt religious orders.

Blaine gets so uncomfortable when people act like they're attracted to him, it's hilarious. The more hilarious part is that Blaine really isn't Marcus's type- but Marcus gets attached to anybody who seems to have thier shit together.

Heh. Stay tuned for CTSNB part 2- Boffo vs Toggle: When Stupid Acronyms Attack!

29 comments:

Chat medium said...

Merci pour le partage de ces informations, je trouve forum très formidable Merci !!!
Voyance par téléphone

voyance par telephone said...

Very interesting topic will bookmark your site to check if you write more about in the future.

voyante Paris said...

Nice article.This is very nice article and impressive home page.

voyance en direct said...

Everything is well designed your site and very nice with many choices, it is a wonder! Congratulations. friendly

voyance said...

Great, This is really amazing page, here, I really enjoyed reading your thoughts, I will definitely share this article to my friends out there.

voyance gratuite said...

Great post and now I know what to do, thank you! Actually this Blog post helped me a lot. I hope you continue writing about this kind of entry.

Voyance gratuite immediate said...

Your blog is a source of information, I am an avid reader and I wish you good luck.

question voyance said...

Keep sharing like these posts.I'm sure that you have many behind.

horoscope said...

That is quite surprising... I have never heard of that before reading your post!
It makes me quite puzzled and angry too!

Toilettage chiens said...


Good article! Thank you so much for sharing this post. Your views truly open my mind.

voyance gratuitement said...

All what you share is so facsinating!Your posts are great.

Unknown said...

I stumbled upon your blog very interesting! ! Thank you for giving us this moment of pure happiness .

voyance gratuite par mail

voyance gratuite tarot said...

This is a really good read for me. Must agree that you are one of the best bloggers I ever saw. Thanks for posting this informative article.

telephone gay said...

This blog is so nice to me. I will continue to come here again and again. Visit my link as well.
Good luck

voyance gratuite serieuse said...

Wonderful share. Good to know this valuable article.

voyance gratuite mail said...

Great article and right to the point. I don’t know if this is in fact the best place to ask but do you people have any ideea where to employ some professional writers? Thank you

voyance gratuite par email said...

I stumbled upon your blog very interesting! ! Thank you for giving us this moment of pure happiness .

voyance par mail said...

I’d have to check with you here. Which is not something I usually do! I enjoy reading a post that will make people think. Also, thanks for allowing me to comment!

voyance en ligne gratuite said...

Your blog is really great, I come over every day and every time I find something that suits me

Location longue durée said...

Nice article.This is very nice article and impressive home page

voyance mail gratuite said...

This blog is so nice to me. I will continue to come here again and again
Good luck

rosy123 said...

C'est un grand honneur pour moi d'être un membre actif dans ce blog
voyance gratuite en ligne

voyance gratuite en ligne par mail said...

je passe en coup de vent pour te souhaité une bonne fin de journée gros bisous

rosy123 said...

Bravo pour le blog et vos articles.

consultation voyance gratuite

voyance mail serieuse gratuite said...

Grâce à vous, j'ai pu apprendre beaucoup de choses intéressantes. J'espère en apprendre encore.

voyance email gratuit said...

Bravo tout simplement. Et encore merci infiniment.

rosy123 said...


Un petit pour vous dire que votre blog est super!
voyance gratuite

rosy123 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
rosy123 said...

A chaque nouvel article, toujours autant de choses intéressantes à découvrir et normalement à mettre en pratique.

voyance gratuitement