Sunday, March 04, 2007

this is serious business!

You know what I want? I want someone to write the fic where Jamie popped out another clone between X-Factor 11 and 12, and had sex with Ric in addition to Theresa and Monet.

...yeah, so I'm shallow, but dude. The thing with Siryn and Victoria in the first issue, Ric coming out as bisexual, all of Jamie's little asides in Mad(d)rox. (Mm, consistency of spelling. How I miss you sometimes.) In just about every issue, PAD makes some comment on Jamie's inability to make decisions because he can see the benefits of every path available. I mean, really. It's only a matter of time before Jamie comes out of the closet too. It's practically text at this point.

Also, it'd be hot. And there'd be no ridiculous drama, because Ric would sort of be all, "So, you're just a dupe, right?" And the dupe would go, "Yup, wanna screw?" And that'd be the end of it, until Jamie reabsorbed all his dupes the next morning and went "W. T. F." And then at some point later Ric would go, "Soooo..." and Jamie would kind of '>.> and then they'd have sex again. And it would be good.

I, um, love X-Factor. Because Peter David remembers that all of the characters have years worth of preexisting canon- canon that happened when he wasn't writing. I don't entirely approve of Monet being suicidal, but it works when looked at over the backdrop of everything else that has happened to her character. Same with Theresa being delusional, and Ric being sulky (oh wait, he was like that before).

I'm also maybe a little bit in love with Layla Miller, and the way she rescues people by crashing pizza delivery vans, and kills them with leaky pipes. I can't wait to see where PAD goes with the whole Singularity/Damien Tryp thing, and whether or not he fixes the decimation.

And, in other news, Peter David writing the Dark Tower comic? Makes me so happy. Peter David writing just about anything makes me so happy. But the fact that Dark Tower doesn't suck fills me with immense joy. And mmm, Steven Deschain, you sexy, angry beardy man. This comic, unlike the Neverwhere comic, is an example of how a book, or parts of a book, are properly adapted to the medium of comics.

1 comment:

Voyance gratuite serieuse said...

Great work! This is the type of info that should be shared around the internet. Shame on the search engines for not positioning this post higher! Come on over and visit my site . Thanks