Friday, July 14, 2006

Summer 06

Finally put together my Summer 06 mix; it's quite a bit different from last year's- which I still have to post a zip of. There's something like a story line to this, or at the very least, there's progression from one point to another. I may not have drawn the lines of the journey very well, but at least it's...uh...entertaining? Whatever. I like it. Not all the transitions are great, but it mostly works.

Have a zip. And have a tracklist:

Summer Solstice: It's all just twilight from here on out.
1. Poe- A Rose
This is the story of a girl.
Jezebel from Israel, who never read a book
She charmed the literati and a smile was all it took

2. Vertical Horizon- Everything You Want
Everyone loves her.
But I mean nothing to you and I don't know why
3. Nickel Creek- Beauty and the Mess
Except maybe herself.
Behind the melody the words don't mean a thing
Every tone I play will give what ever I've not said away
The rest, the rest is mine I guess the beauty and the mess- too high

4. Duncan Sheik- She Runs Away
And now she's leaving.
Happiness ain't never how you think it should be so
5. Nelly Furtado- I'm Like a Bird
To go on a quest!
I wanna fly away
6. Carbon Leaf- Life Less Ordinary
And she finds a romantic subplot!
Right away I do know why you stayed awake
I will keep tongue tied next time

7. Mike Doughty- Looking at the World from the Bottom of a Well
PSA: Never give up! Never surrender! Don't forget what you're looking for! ...you're not listening, are you?
I tried to lose that cloud that's blocking out the sun
...Lonely, and the only way to beat is to bat it down

8. The Brown Derbies (cover)- In Your Eyes
More romantic subplot.
Without a noise, without my pride
I reach out from the inside

9. Jason Mraz- O Lover
Sexy things happen.
What's the worst thing that could happen- we could change our minds?
...I know you've got something burning up inside
It's so unhealthy but so good for me

10. Morcheeba- Ten Men
Boy and girl on a whirlwind tour.
Come- you son of a gun- how can it be done?
We're still on the run

11. Counting Crows- Omaha
Until they hit Nebraska.
Hey mister if you're gonna walk on water
You know you're only gonna walk all over me

12. Jason Mraz- Chidlike Wildlife
But everyone has to grow up eventually.
Oh this childlike wildlife is flooring me
13. The Virginia Gentlemen (cover)- Insomniac
Girl leaves boy. Boy experiences transcendental angst. [/romantic subplot] (I love this song so much.)
I can hear your bare feet on the kitchen floor
I don't wanna have these dreams no more

15. Electric Six- Improper Dancing
Girl tries sex, drugs, and rock'n roll- for the next three tracks.
STOP. ...Continue!
16. Aqua- Cartoon Heroes (speedy mix)
Trippy.
17. Eccentric Opera- Electrical Parade
What the shit is she on?
18. Glen Phillips and John Mayer- Walk on the Ocean
After that last song, you all want to hurt me, I can tell. The questing continues! And maybe we're closer to finding whatever it is we were looking for.
This song is pretty angry-
We spotted the ocean

19. Masterplan- Sail On
Oh, right! The quest! She gets back on track, with a rockin' guitar riff.
Never shut your weary eyes
We're always tryin' to see the line-
Can you see it in your mind?

20. George Michael- Freedom 90
Girl figures out what she was looking for, and sails off into the sunset.
There's something else I gotta be
...All we have to do now
Is take these lies and make them true
All we have to see
Is that I don't belong to you and you don't belong to me

21. Thicke- Lazy Bones
It's summer, yo. Why're y'all working so hard? (We're all beautiful fuckups, and we all deserve a little better.)
Love is a killer, the leading cause of suicide-
How to survive a day in the life and times


Eheh. Okay, so last year's was a bit more palatable. I'll try to find the tracklist for it and post a zip to make up for this year's, which is kind of cracktastic and not especially summery in places.

1 comment:

voyance gratuite en ligne par mail said...

I sincerely enjoyed this article that brings real help.